Traveling With Children
We understand that you can’t always be on every step of the way; so here is what you need to know before sending a minor with us:
- Anyone under the age of 18 is considered a minor.
- Children ages 15 and under are not allowed on board without an adult (18+).
- Minors 16 and 17 years of age may travel unaccompanied.
- The trip must not have a shuttle connection.
Child safety seats, though not required, are more than welcome on RedCoach vehicles. We understand that your child’s safety is paramount. Thus, before buying a ticket, please ensure that the child seat is approved for use in a motor vehicle and is used in accordance with manufacturer’s guidelines. It is your responsibility to attach the child safety seat properly and to ensure that the lap and/or shoulder belt is working properly and attached securely.
Children between the ages of 3 and 12 traveling with an adult receive a 15% discount at the moment of purchase. When filling out the passenger information section, change the ticket type from “Adult” to “Child 3 – 12” and the discount will be applied automatically to the purchase. Children 2 years old or younger can travel free of charge if they will not be using his or her own seat.
It will take a little while for any child to get used to traveling, especially when traveling for long distances in unfamiliar places. Talk to your child about the trip and make him or her excited. Make sure you are all well-rested on the day of travel —it will make the trip more enjoyable. Pack the following in your carry on so you are better prepared for little surprises:
- Your child’s safety blanket
- Thick socks so they can take their shoes off and be more comfortable
- Pack snacks in case he or she gets hungry
- Take enough diapers and baby wipes
- Spare clothing for yourself and your child (accidents can happen)
- Any important medication